Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 22:57:16 -0700
From:      Dave Porko <dave@dapo.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   help: programing interface to bt848 video capture cards

Hi all

I need programming help with the newly created driver for the Bt848
based video capture cards. I've downloaded this driver and have
configured it for the WinCast/TV board but I haven't found much
programming info. I want to be able to set the TV channel and then
capture a single frame. I've found freq.c which explains how to change
the channel, now I need to know how to set the resolution and capture a
single frame. Is the Brooktree similar to the meteor driver? I currently
have a utility that will capture a frame from the meteor card and create
a web page for display. I'm trying to duplicate this behavior with the
much cheaper winCast/TV card. If someone can send me a sample piece of
code to capture a single frame similar to what is included in the meteor
man page I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Dave Porko
dave@dapo.com