Date:      Mon, 28 May 2012 20:47:23 +0200
From:      Lukas Laukamp <lukas@laukamp.me>
To:        Carsten Heesch <ch@sysconfig.org.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Xen Dom0 Support

Am 28.05.2012 20:02, schrieb Carsten Heesch:
> Hi Lukas,
>
>> [...] I don't know whether there is support for Xen Dom0 on FreeBSD.
> Unfortunately there isn't.
>
>> I read that NetBSD support Xen Dom0 [...]
> I haven't tried myself, but apparently NetBSD works rather well as Dom0. That has long been on my list of things to test, though :)
>
> Not sure if you are aware of it, but in order to run FreeBSD as DomU, you don't need FreeBSD or NetBSD as Dom0. That works just as well on your Debian Dom0. (With FreeBSD's known limitations as DomU, namely memory and architecture depending on PV or HVM virtualisation)
>

> Cheers
> C.

Hello Carsten,

thanks for your fast answer. That FreeBSD as DomU runs on Linux I know.
So I only think that it is a bit tricky to build a PV DomU of FreeBSD
because the kernel must be modified. I wan't to have another system like
Linux as the host because I think that the BSDs are better in the
stability and a few other points. I read in the english Wikipedia
article about Xen that there is support for NetBSD, OpenBSD and
OpenSolaris (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xen#Host:_Unix-like_systems).

What would be a good system as a Dom0 a BSD or Solaris?

best regards