Date:      Fri, 3 Jan 2014 16:15:30 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bernhard_Fr=F6hlich?= <decke@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org" <emulation@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   [Call for Testers] VirtualBox 4.3.6

Hi virtualbox users!

Almost 10 weeks have passed since the last cft with 4.3.0 and we have
made a lot of improvements since then so here we are to see what they
are worth!

I have already killed VirtualBox 4.1.x and prepared the tree for the
upcoming commit of 4.3 which will happen hopefully very soon. The
mess with FreeBSD 10.0 has also significantly improved and all relevant
patches were committed to the official portstree.
We have also pushed a lot of patches upstream already so the number
of ports patches for 4.3 has decreased a bit.

This release would not have been possible without the awesome
feedback and help on emulation@ and all people that did send patches:
Mikhail Tsatsenko, Peter Jeremy, David Morgan, Mario Lobo, Jung-uk Kim,
Daniel Lorch, William Grzybowski, Volodymyr Kostyrko.

If you are interested in helping with virtualbox maintenance and
development or have noticed a bug you can easily find us on IRC.

Changes in the Port:
- Update to 4.3.6
- Update phpvirtualbox to 4.3-1
- Fix pulseaudio option
- Adopt USES=kmod
- Convert USE_PYDISTUTILS=easy_install to USE_PYDISTUTILS=yes
- Add USE_PYTHON_BUILD=yes because if PYTHON option is disabled we could
- Fix startup order of vboxnet and move NETWORKING to BEFORE section
- Fix building with GCC from ports on 10 to correctly use libstdc++
from GCC and not from base.
- Add missing file to fix undefined symbol in kernel modules kernel:
link_elf_obj: symbol RTThreadCtxHooksAreRegistered undefined
- Disable stripping away RPATH on FreeBSD for Hardened-R3 binaries
- kBuild: Replace hardcoded freebsd strings with KBUILD_TARGET in do-install

Changes in VirtualBox 4.3:
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Changelog

VirtualBox 4.3.6 Ports:
http://people.freebsd.org/~decke/virtualbox/virtualbox-cft-4.3.6-20140103.tar.gz

IRC: #freebsd-vbox on Freenode

Bernhard on behalf of the VirtualBox on FreeBSD Team!

--
Bernhard Froehlich
http://www.bluelife.at/