Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 2008 08:42:49 +0100
From:      Laszlo Nagy <gandalf@shopzeus.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CUPS: cannot see printer from various program

The printer is Epson Stylus Photo R265. I'm using gutenprint 5 and CUPS.
The test page prints well from CUPS. I can also print images and web
pages from firefox, because the "CUPS/R265" printer can be selected in
the print dialog of firefox.

However, when I open an image from eog (eye of gnome), the only printer
destination I can choose is "LPR". Which is bad, because this is a
printer server with diskless clients, and the users must be able to
select print options from the GUI.

The system is FreeBSD 7.0. My girlfriend had the same problem with
Ubuntu before, but not with kiwi, so it might not be related to FreeBSD.

Thanks,

   Laci