Date:      Fri, 4 Jul 2008 23:47:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@bonkers.video-collage.com>
To:        usb@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp, bishop@rr.iij4u.or.jp, n_hibma@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   USB mouse not seen at boot

Hello!

I'm trying to switch a computer from psm- to ums-connected mouse and am
seeing a strange problem.

Although ums_load is enabled in loader.conf, the mouse is not seen at
boot. Its light (it is a laser-based device) remains off, until I unplug
it from the USB-port and then plug back in.

After that everything is dandy, it lights up, and is detected as:

ums0: <ARROW STRONG USB 3D Mouse, class 0/0, rev 1.00/0.10, addr 2> on uhub0
ums0: 5 buttons and Z dir.

Xorg sees it and life is good.

But why does it have to be reconnected every time at boot?

The only "unusual" thing I did with it was setting
moused_nondefault_enable="NO" to prevent moused from ever starting --
this PC starts xdm on boot and does not use text consoles.

Any ideas? Thanks!

	-mi