Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:40:11 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   dysfunctional XP1000, suggestions?

I've got an XP1000 box that stopped working last week after I moved it from
one table to another.

By "stopped working" I mean that it powers up (green LEDs come on), but
there's no video, no beeps, nothing.

I have tried:

 - unplugging it from the KVM switch and plugging in a keyboard and monitor
   directly
 - reseating the video card (ELSA gloria I think)
 - reseating the processor/memory board
 - reseating the memory

From what I can tell, nothing is unplugged or unseated.  The KVM switch
at least sees the power on from a video standpoint, so my guess is the
video card is at least getting power.

Does anyone have any suggestions on diagnosing this problem?

Thanks,

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry