Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2017 20:52:35 +0200
From:      Rodrigo Osorio <ros@bebik.net>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Files conflicts in ports

Dear port maintainers,

It appears that a number of ports install files with the same names at
the same locations,
causing file conflicts and unexpected behaviors for users.

To help solving this issue I ran a tool to list per maintainer the
conflicting ports with
the list of impacted files ; the list is updated every day at 4am UTC.

http://pkgtool.osorio.me/conflicts/

I believe most of the conflicts are trivial and can be solved with a
proper declaration in the CONFLICTS variable.
So take a look at it and don't hesitate to come back to me if you have
questions.

best regards,

- rodrigo