Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 23:19:54 -0500
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@mojave.sitaranetworks.com>
To:        Dmitry Sivachenko <dima@Chg.RU>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Third wd controller

On Tuesday, 23 November 1999 at 23:05:40 +0300, Dmitry Sivachenko wrote:
> Hello!
>
> We are using AB-BE6 motherboard.  It has four IDE controllers.
> I am trying to compile kernel to support all of them.
> As specified in LINT, I placed the following line in my kernel config file:
> controller wdc2 at isa? port "0" bio irq ?

Port "0"?  What makes you think you'll find a controller there?

> (and the appropriate line regarding wd4, wd5).
> After restarting, kernel is unable to find wdc2.
>
> What am I doing wrong?  How should I compile kernel in order to support
> four IDE controllers?

You need to tell the system where to look for the other two IDE
controllers.  The information may be in your BIOS setup screen; put
that in the config line instead of "0" and you may have better luck.
If not, let's hear what the BIOS settings are (IRQ may be important
here, too) and what dmesg said (if anything).  The output of a verbose
boot (with the -v flag) would be useful as well.

Greg