Date:      Fri, 19 May 2006 08:54:10 +0200
From:      Lennart Sorth <Lennart.Sorth@uni-c.dk>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>, freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dead keyboard in Xorg

Steve Kargl wrote:
> Anyone seen this type of problem?

yes, on my Sony Vaio Z1 6.1-STABLE laptop (i386)

On (quite rare) occations - when booting on batteries
where the CPU is wrongly detected - I end up with XDM
running, and no keyboard.

If I don't start xdm during the bootprocess, but let
it boot all the way, THEN login as root and starts
xdm manually, then it always works fine. You could
try this.

When booting on batteries, the sys/i386/cpufreq/est.c
cannot determine the speed, and my 1700Mhz Centrino
becomes a 596Mhz, with speedstepping down to 74Mhz.
Maybe this affects timing somewhere, which causes
the keyboardproblem.

--
Hilsen

Lennart.Sorth@uni-c.dk