Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:07:40 -0200
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux-list@uol.com.br>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   lang/ocaml problems FreeBSD-STABLE

Hi,

	I am using FreeBSD -STABLE as of November 8th.
I have rebuilt all my ports to comply with latest change in
std{in,out,err} changes.

FreeBSD exxodus.fedaykin.here 4.7-STABLE FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE #0: Fri Nov  8 11:47:13 BRST 2002     root@exxodus.fedaykin.here:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/LIOUX  i386

	Nevertheless, ocaml does not configure correctly.
During the configure phase of the port, the configure
scripts freezes right after

gettimeofday() found.
mktime() found.
setsid() found.
putenv() found.
setlocale() and <locale.h> found.
mmap() found.
Replay debugger supported.

	I noticed that a binary named 'tst' was running.
Checking configure script, this is a "# Determine if system stack
overflows can be detected" test. However, the won't finish even if
I leave it running for 2 hours. I have to "killall -9 tst" to get
ocaml building. Nonetheless, this is not good because ocaml configure
script declares that FreeBSD does not detect stack overflows.
This lack of "detection" could account for my "bus error"
messages.

	I've already tested my system with memtest86 to make sure
it was not a memory chip problem.

	To the best of my recollection, ocaml port did build
just fine in the past. Can you reproduce this weird behavior?
Let me know if there is any further information you need.

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer