Date:      Sat, 3 Sep 2022 10:45:20 -0400
From:      Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
To:        void <void@f-m.fm>
Cc:        Free BSD <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: remnants after major upgrade

On Sep 3, 2022, at 8:50 AM, void <void@f-m.fm> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 03, 2022 at 01:36:20PM +0200, Herbert J. Skuhra wrote:
>=20
>>=20
>> You should be careful. I have no idea why both BEs(?) are mounted on
>> your system.
>=20
> yeah. it's a new system - might have to start over from scratch.
> This might be a blessing in disguise as I want freebsd-update
> and also (see thread about rpi4 sound) while I'm at it, I can test
> the sound patch against 13.1-R
>=20
> I have no bectl or beadm or anything like that here. What I mean
> by that is ive never installed it, at least not deliberately.
> But it seems BE is active!! No idea what installed it.

It's not clear to me the context of how your current system got =
installed.  However, bectl is part of the FreeBSD 13 base system, so if =
you installed FreeBSD 13.1, then that is where that software will have =
originated.

Also, it's been the case for a while that following the ZFS install =
option will get you a BE-friendly setup.  I've noticed that =
freebsd-update now creates BEs on ZFS, too.

Cheers,

Paul.