Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:14:53 +0000
From:      "Scott Spare" <scuppers@hotmail.com>
To:        dgl@dlee.org; scphantm@yahoo.com; pb@mps.com; cplnet@gmx.net; mikej@rogers.com; ccxfb52@dial.pipex.com
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD kernel: smb_maperror: Unmapped error 1:158

Hello all,I'm writing you because I found that at some point in the past, y=
ou had trouble with FreeBSD and the smb_maperror: Unmapped error 1:158 mess=
age.
For the folks who wrote about it, has anyone here resolved this issue?
I have also copied the freebsd mailing list on the issue.
=20
The background seems to be that there are over 640 messages on Google about=
 smb_maperror: Unmapped error 1:158  (many of them duplicates), with no ans=
wer.
There's a general agreement from looking at the sourcecode that Windows is =
handing samba some sort of error it can't understand.
=20
So far I've tried:
-check all permissions on windows box against info used for logon; check sm=
b and nsmb.conf
-set up more verbose event logging on windows box, check event log for perm=
ission related problems.
=20
Other notes:
-only seems to happen under streaming or heavy loading.
=20
Hardware:
-250GB IDE (PATA) drive shared via Windows=20
-Linksys WRT64G router operating via wired mode (100Mb/s.)
=20
I might try in the future:
-reinstall windows-run perfmon to check for performance-related problems li=
ke dropping net packets, or disk thrashing due to page fault.-sniff network=
 to see what's going on
ScottPS Some of the guys using Openoffice mentioned this might be related t=
o .net Framework(?)
http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=3Dweather&FORM=3DWLMTAG=