Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 1997 01:34:50 +0100
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail running non-root SUCCESS!

According to Dan Cross:
> would be fine if it was more secure, but unfortunately Eric seems
> to be more hip on adding neat features and improving cf file syntax
> than scouring code for potential security bugs (I can't say that I
> blame him. :-)

As a sendmail alpha-tester, I can't agree with this. It may be the
impression outsiders get but it is definitely wrong.

> probably get away with replacing sendmail with another mailer which
> does what they need of it, but is more secure.

Anyone can use any mailer they want, the real discussion has never been to
choose between one or the other but what should be standard (i.e. in
/usr/src).

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
  FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #33: Sat Dec 21 12:57:17 CET 1996