Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 2003 07:34:22 +0800
From:      Khairil Yusof <kaeru@pd.jaring.my>
To:        Dan Strick <strick@covad.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about MSblaster worm

--=-yX0RBCRmbBY+LrHdQ6TH

On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 02:43, Dan Strick wrote:
> Recently I have seen a lot of newspaper articles warning about the
> new "MSblaster" worm.  They say that it uses a denial of service
> attack mode.  Once it installs itself on your system it causes the
> system to crash and makes it difficult for you to get any work done.

I see great benefits so far here in Malaysia. Perfect time to be the
miracle worker.=20

- faster internet speed:=20

  All those Windows users now offline. They can't even go online
  to get windows updated because they get hit immediately.

- advocacy of freebsd/linux/open source solutions

  People are just desperate to get some work done..
  Not affected? Can open Word documents? I can continue working?
  Less than the cost of AV licenses? No licenses needed to set up
  a firewall?

--
"Optimized, readable, on time; Pick any two."=20

FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT i386=20
7:21AM up 8:12, 1 user, load averages: 0.17, 0.14, 0.09

--=-yX0RBCRmbBY+LrHdQ6TH

--=-yX0RBCRmbBY+LrHdQ6TH--