Date:      Mon, 07 Oct 2002 11:03:13 -0700
From:      Andy Sparrow <spadger@best.com>
To:        "Pookie" <madriax@garlic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD-Mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Modem

--==_Exmh_-1459629251P

> I know this is a common question but i need some help configuring a
> Conexant-Ambit SoftK56 Data, ICH Modem on my Sony VAIO GRX570. I have N=
> idea on where to start....

If you need it to work, and now, then you have two options:

i)	Remove it and replace with a IBM miniPCI card, and use the Lucent
	softmodem from ports (/usr/ports/comms/ltmdm), which works great (and so=

	does the 'fxp' part on the card).

	The Linux drivers for the Conexant are BETA and buggy. There's no =

FreeBSD
	support AFAIK, although people were considering porting the Linux stuff.=

	The Lucent part has no controller, but has a DSP. I've never looked back=

	since replacing my $%@&%^ 3Com softmodem.

ii)	Use a PC-CARD for the modem.

> And i also have a Creative Sound Blaster
> Extigy on i think ugen0. Is that already to work or is there something =
> need to do

No idea, sorry.

HTH.

Regards,