Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2023 16:52:31 +0200
From:      Michael Schuster <michaelsprivate@gmail.com>
To:        antony.haines@googlemail.com
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Very Slow Graphics with KDE Plasma

On Wed, Apr 5, 2023 at 4:23=E2=80=AFPM <antony.haines@googlemail.com> wrote=
:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get the KDE Plasma Desktop running, on X windows.  Everyth=
ing is working, but it is running very very slow.

can you see/check whether the system appears busy (using top or
something like that)?
if so, can you look what the busiest process is doing (using dtrace or
truss ... whatever comes in handy)? That may give you a handle ... (I
once had a case where I was running debug code by accident and spewing
logs left, right and center ... )

HTH

> I have tried all sorts of driver configs, with no luck.  I have searched =
the forums and wiki=E2=80=99s etc, also no luck.

> The laptop that I have has an AMD Ryzen 7 CPU with built in AMD Radeon=E2=
=84=A2 Graphics GPU, and a dedicated NVIDIA=C2=AE GeForce RTX=E2=84=A2 3060=
 Laptop GPU.

> It seems that there may a conflict between the two GPU=E2=80=99s. The GPU=
 that should be being used is the NVIDIA=C2=AE GeForce RTX=E2=84=A2 3060 La=
ptop GPU.

> I have captured the data as required when asking for your help.
>

> dmesg command output =E2=80=93 Attached dmesg.txt
> pciconf -lvbce command output =E2=80=93 Attached pciconf.txt
> devinfo -vr command output =E2=80=93 Attached devinfo.txt
> sysctl hw.model =E2=80=93 Attached sysctl.txt
> pkg info command output =E2=80=93 Attached pkg.txt
> Contents of xorg.conf file (and included sub-files, if any) =E2=80=93 The=
re is no xorg.conf file
> Contents of Xorg.log (if the problem is at X.Org startup or during your X=
 session) =E2=80=93 I couldn=E2=80=99t find a Xorg.log file
> Any ports build or installation errors (if relevant) N/A
> If a kernel panic: Contents of core.$n.txt (in /var/crash)  N/A
> Any other details that may be relevant
>
> Link to my CPU with Integrated AMD Graphics https://www.amd.com/en/produc=
ts/apu/amd-ryzen-7-5800h
> My Laptop - ASUS ROG Strix G15 =E2=80=93 Exact Model Number G513 G513QM-H=
F012T Link to the website https://rog.asus.com/uk/laptops/rog-strix/2021-ro=
g-strix-g15-series/spec/

> I would appreciate any help thanks.
>
> Best Regards