Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:14:17 +1000
From:      Andrew Johns <A_Johns@TurnAround.com.au>
To:        "Paul L. Poynter" <ppoynter@rorke.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD Software RAID 0 and 1? Journaling file system?

1) Please don't send html mail to the list as some ppl are using text
mail readers and html is **UGLY** to read in such instances.

2) Do you mean journaling like the VMS version (I don't know IRIX XFS)
whereby every time you edit a file and save it, it creates a *new*
file with an appended version number.

eg: ls /etc/passwd
passwd;1     passwd;2      passwd;3    passwd;5

If this *is* what you are talking about, I have _heard_ of such a
beast for FreeBSD, but not actually ever encountered one in the wild.
I'd imagine that the modifications would be reasonably "trivial"
although the repercussions......

--
Regards                        |  _/\_/\
Andrew Johns BSc (Comp Sci)    | /      \

"The box said 'Requires Windows 98, NT, Linux or better' so I
installed FreeBSD."