Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:41:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "ALeine" <aleine@austrosearch.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multifunction printer/scanner/copier recommendation needed

brooks@one-eyed-alien.net wrote:

> Just so no one gets screwed, the Cacon multifunction devices are
> entierly different beasts from the regular printers. I can't
> find the refrence at the moment, but I looked at them when I was
> shopping for a new multifunction printer and they were rated as
> paperweights. :-(

Could this be what you're referring to?

http://www.linuxprinting.org/printer_list.cgi?make=Canon

That site seems dated as newer models like the MP360 are not even
listed. Besides, about 80 % of the Canon printers which are listed
there have been marked to indicate that some information for those
printers has not been verified. The suggested printers section also
seems to be quite dated and, in that sense, misleading.

IMHO, there are too many conflicting reviews to really trust any
one such source, but I do tend to trust first-hand experience of
users more than any other source.

Speaking of support for Canon multifunction PSC devices, is anyone
using the drivers for FreeBSD from the following site?

http://canon.codehost.com

ALeine
WebMail FREE http://mail.austrosearch.net