Date:      Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:01:54 +0100
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Cc:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: chat tool?

El Mi=E9rcoles, 16 de Marzo de 2005 20:44, Joe Marcus Clarke escribi=F3:

> Chuck Robey wrote:
> | I am trying to fit myself into the new gnome, and have a couple of
> | questions.
> |<snip/>
> |
> | So, first question is, how to I reclaim my chatzilla?  Is it
> | available alone under some other name?  Or, what browser is it
> | available for, and how do I kick it off, since the icon I was used
> | to is gone?

As things in mozilla.org are going, the best aproach is run chatzilla as=20
a firefox extension.

You need to download chatzilla.xpi (localized or not), launch firefox,=20
and use <open file> to load the extension.  After that, you may find it=20
in the tools menu.

> Rebuild mozilla and/or mozilla-devel, and make sure the "Enable the
> Chatzilla IRC module" in the config dial is checked, and that you do
> not have WITHOUT_CHATZILLA defined anywhere in your environment or in
> /etc/make.conf.
>
> | The second question is, how do I change the gnome menus so that
> | more of the brosers are on it?  Right now, the only browser it's
> | offering me is mozilla, and I would REALLY like firefox, epiphany,
> | and galeon to be there also (maybe not mozilla-devel anymore).  I'm
> | also going to be interested in adding something to access
> | chatzilla, once I find out how to get that again (there must be
> | some way!)

I think you may find problems with this.  There isn't any xremote method=20
out of url:, browser, or mail/composer.  This can get you in the=20
classical profile 'lock' problem.

I Know that mandrake doesn't have this problem (at last, on mozilla),=20
but I don't got enough time to investigate this.

This is the main reason I use xchat.
=20