Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 1997 20:57:37 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Petri Helenius <pete@sms.fi>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Miromedia PC/TV

Petri Helenius:
 |  I'm trying to use Miromedia's PC/TV on with the latest bt848 driver
 |that is from the same site than the fxtv application. For simplicity
 |I'm feeding it PAL input into the composite video connector. It seems
 |that for some reason it's running in NTSC mode anyway, that is the
 |picture is very distorted and without colors.
 |
 |Anyone have ideas what to try?

Though I think the bt848 supports it, fxtv/the driver don't support auto
tuner signal input format detection.  You can specify the signal format and
frequency standards to fxtv though.

For testing, use command-line options ("-help" shows them all), and once
you get what you want, put these in the Fxtv resource file.  E.g. for
starters:

      fxtv -inputFormat pal -antennaFreqSet weurope -tunerMode antenna

Hope this helps.

Randall