Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 01:00:25 +0000
From:      blue@niftynet.net (Mr.Blue)
To:        stevec@delanet.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Odd window manager behavior

stevec@delanet.com,Internet writes:
>I have a P-II/266, 64 megs ram, 5.7gig eide drive, zip, toshiba cdrom, usr
>56k v90, etc etc. the usuals. I am running FreeBSD 2.2.6 on it. I have
>previously used qvwm, however grew tired of it. So I tried ICEWM. Overall
>like it the best of the different managers provided with the distribution
>CD's.
>
>Ok..now, my problem is this.. Under ICEWM, ICQ is unable to create new
>windows for sending/receiving events. They appear for a brief instant, and
>disappear as fast as you can blink. It logs events as received even tho I
>never get to view them. This only happens in ICEWM btw.. olvwm, fvwm, qvwm
>all worked fine.

I don't have a solution to your problem (sorry) but i would like to ask
you a question.  I'm BSD on almost the same system as you are.... and i
haven't been able to get ICQ working at all.  it just flashes some screen
for about 1/30th of a second and goes away.... did you encounter this
problem... if so how did you fix it?

-Chris