Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 15:40:30 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        Anthony.Kimball@East.Sun.COM
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org

> What really bugs me about 3.0 is that children now
> get the SIGTSTPs of the parents.

If they are the session leader, then this is the correct behaviour.
You are supposed to be able to have multiple sessions (jobs) for a
given tty.  The is, in effect, a "detach and block if output until
reattach".

One very annoying thing is that even though there is no read,
you will get a "stopped" message for a job thrown in the background.
This is, I think, a bug in the way job control is being handled
(it doesn't do this on my Sun box; the Sun just happily cranks
along until input is required, *then* gives the message.  Generally,
I've got back to it by then.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---