Date:      Fri, 07 Dec 2001 10:00:54 -0800
From:      Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
To:        rick norman <rick.norman@lmco.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nat through two DSL

rick norman wrote:

> What would be nice would be to load balance on a per connection
> basis, not a per packet basis, between the two modems.
> Any ideas how to do this ?

Not with the current mechanisms in FreeBSD. You'd need a simple policy
routing engine (actually, policy forwarding). A prototype based on tun
devices shouldn't be too hard to put together. Basically, you'd want to
pick one of your links based on destination address and optionally the
port pair.

We're putting something similar together for the DynaBone project
(http://www.isi.edu/dynabone/), but it just got underway.

Ah, just caught the "session by session" part on second reading. In this
case, my prior comment about packet-level striping and TCP is moot.

Lars
--
Lars Eggert <larse@isi.edu>               Information Sciences Institute
http://www.isi.edu/larse/              University of Southern California