Date:      Sat, 02 Jul 2016 14:48:57 +0000
From:      Malcolm Matalka <mmatalka@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ASUS ZenBook UX305CA Trackpad

Hello,

I recently purchased the above mentioned laptop and the trackpad does
not work.  When booting in verbose mode it says: psm0: unable to
allocate IRQ.

I've tracked this down in the source code (psm.c) and would like to
figure out how to fix this.

I see a similar issue came up for a Dell a bit back[0] but I don't
understand the solution.  I understand how to dump acpi and what not,
but I don't actually understand what it's doing.

I'd like to help make this laptop work great under FreeBSD, can anyone
point me in the right direction or offer some advice on how to address
hardware just not working as expected?  And in particular, how to
develop a fix that can be brought into a release to make it work for
everyone rather than doing acpi hacker?  I know how to program, but I've
spent all my time in user space so I'm really lost on how to attack the
kernel and especially hardware.

Thanks!

/Malcolm