Date:      Tue, 3 Jan 2006 04:49:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      f r <frediz2000@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   /dev/gvinum* missing on freebsd 6-stable

Hi all,

I had freebsd 6-beta installed, system on a primary
disk, data with
gvinum on a secondary disk (no raid, concat mode, 1
partition
just for testing purpose) and everything running fine.
I've reinstalled the primary disk with freebsd 6
stable, erasing
all the system partition of 6 beta, and keeping the
data disk as-is.
(I unplugged it to plug the cdrom drive during
installation)
I added geon_vinum_load=YES to loader.conf and after
rebooting
the module was loaded.
gvinum list seems to find on my secondary disk the
configuration of it.
(I didnt "gvinum create" from my conf).
The problem is /dev/gvinum and /dev/gvinum/* don't
exists.
I tried "gvinum create" from the conf it reads (gvinum
printconfig)
but it fails with something like "can't create,  errno
6".
which I think is related with the fact that
/dev/gvinum* does not exist.
What did I miss ? why no /dev/gvinum* ?

Thanks in advance.
Fred