Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 17:17:02 +0100
From:      Matthew Frost <matthewf@orac.frost.net>
To:        Matt Harrington <matt@ucsd.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: replacement for discontinued Mylex Accelraid 250?

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 02:48:37PM -0700, Matt Harrington wrote:
> I hear that the Mylex Acceleraid 250 has been discontinued.  AFAIK, it was
> one of two RAID controllers that 4.0 will boot from.  The other controller
> is overkill for me, and a tad expensive.
>
> Is this information correct?  Can anyone suggest another RAID controller?
> This is for a system disk, RAID 1.

I've just been trying to source an AcceleRAID 250 in the UK and I'm
told it's "While stocks last" only because it's been replaced by the
AcceleRAID 170.

:|

Now, the mlx(4)  manpages mention the 150, 250 and 1100 cards...

So, (and I'm assuming at this moment in time that the 150 is still
available until my supplier comes back to me), I presume I could use a
150 quite happily and that we'll have to wait for 170 drivers (I see
from Michael Smith's page that the 352 support is in development).

Regards, Matthew

--
Matthew Frost                                         http://www.frost.org/
                                                   email: matthew@frost.org