Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2007 18:57:08 -0600
From:      "Z.C.B." <vvelox@vvelox.net>
To:        Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multimedia/kbtv question

--Sig_M.2ppbuSXqEB1qCOW2ZRd2U

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:49:43 +0100
Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 14 February 2007 03:15, Vulpes Velox wrote:
> > I came across this and noticed it supports saa7130 and saa7134
> > cards.
> >
> > I am a bit lost when reading though there. Any one know if the
> > device interfaces are similar to the bktr one? I was just
> > wondering if
>=20
> Similar but not the same. The saa driver comes from a 3rd party.
> Kbtv uses the kernel module and its ioctl interface.
>=20
> > mplayer could be used with it.
>=20
> Not that I know. Perhaps with raw YUV2 input.

Cool. Thanks for the info. This will provide me a excuse to being
mucking around more with C when I finish up a few perl projects of
mine in the next month. I will have to look at what it will take to
modify the bktr grab code. :)

> You also wrote:
>=20
> > The saa module attracted my interesting. I was wondering if you
> > would mind me beginning work to break it out seperate from the
> > python and KDE stuff?
>=20
> Do as you wish. It already is seperate though. You can use the
> saa.h and saa.c as a library and do the same things from a main.c
> as the python module does, see
> http://freebsd.ricin.com/kbtv/pydoc/saa.html
>=20
> The KDE stuff is only used at GUI level of course.

Cool. What I will begin work on breaking the kernel modules out into
a seperate port. :)