Date:      Mon, 05 Mar 2001 18:50:35 -0800
From:      Andrew Sharp <andy@netfall.com>
To:        Andrew Yeats <ayeats@ne.mediaone.net>
Cc:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with recognizing umax scanner

I've got a umax 1200S on an adaptec 2940un with a disk on the
internal cable, and it all works fine.  scanner is obviously for the
mac market with the DB25 connector, but it came with a cable with
DB25 for the scanner on one end, and typical ultra scsi2 connector
on the other.  works fine.  it also works with an adaptor that came
with my jaz 1gb drive (what a piece of junk that tutrned out to
be).  kernel version 2.2.17

Feb  4 08:41:41 bleys kernel: scsi1 : Adaptec AHA274x/284x/294x
(EISA/VLB/PCI-Fast SCSI) 5.1.31/3.2.4