Date:      Mon, 03 Jul 1995 20:44:35 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        "Karl Denninger, MCSNet" <karl@mcs.com>
Cc:        davidg@root.com, rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, julian@freefall.cdrom.com, hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: wcarchive

>Note that I had this problem *disappear* when I enabled tagged queueing on
>the driver!
>
>I'm running Micropolis drives, and saw this EXACT symptom.  Turning on
>tagged queueing has had me going now for 4+ days without a problem.  Prior
>MTBF was approximately 40 hours.

So this did work for you (fingers crossed).  Glad to hear it.  It would be
nice for users of the aic7xxx driver to enable tagged queuing in their
kernels so we can find out if there are any compatibily problems with the
tagged queuing code.  The kernel option is:

option		"AHC_TAGENABLE"

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  Software Developer - Walnut Creek CDROM