Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:43:40 -0500
From:      "Ron Hensley" <ronh@intercom.net>
To:        "Timothy Radigan" <rad2921@cup.edu>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Local Mail Configuration

------=_NextPart_000_00E9_01C197D5.226754B0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED =
MESSAGE-----<BR>Hash:=20
SHA1</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Surely. 2 thigns to look at. Your=20
/etc/mail/local-host-names file or whatever is defined in youre=20
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf as the<BR>file to list what domains your server =
will=20
accept mail for<BR>Here's mine (The default)<BR># file containing names =
of hosts=20
for which we receive email<BR>Fw-o =
/etc/mail/local-host-names</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Make sure you have both versions, with =
home and=20
without listed in there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In your DNS file, make sure you have an =
MX record=20
for the domain itself, as well as the<BR>home.newrevolutions.com entry.=20
Generally I put that in the first paragraph, under the SOA, before the =
ORIGIN=20
line.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>- ----- Original Message ----- =
<BR>From: Timothy=20
Radigan <BR>To: <A=20
href=3D"mailto:freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG">freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.O=
RG</A>=20
<BR>Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 11:39 PM<BR>Subject: Local Mail=20
Configuration</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><BR>Hi all,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have a slight problem over here.&nbsp; Nothing major but it's =
still=20
aggravating me nonetheless.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have a local domain name set up on my FreeBSD server and qpopper =
handling=20
the mail for that server.&nbsp; When I logon my Samba domain on my XP =
machine=20
and use Outlook, I can send mail to <A=20
href=3D"mailto:t_radigan@home.newrevolutions.net">t_radigan@home.newrevol=
utions.net</A>=20
without a problem.&nbsp; However, when I try to send mail to <A=20
href=3D"mailto:t_radigan@newrevolutions.net">t_radigan@newrevolutions.net=
</A> I=20
get errors.&nbsp; Anyone have any ideas on how I can solve this?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
PGPfreeware 6.5.8=20
for non-commercial use &lt;<A=20
href=3D"http://www.pgp.com">http://www.pgp.com</A>&gt;</DIV>;
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>iQA/AwUBPDp4+1Fb04N5DzUjEQLllQCg88kl9tfZZvESVffxZkfNN02lsBMAnRSS<BR>=
cZ58ZhrEzSwQwvxryAyh7wei<BR>=3DuROC<BR>-----END=20
PGP SIGNATURE-----<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00E9_01C197D5.226754B0--