Date:      Mon, 5 May 1997 14:31:10 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bug: is it the kernel or the man page?

Well, it looks like a bug in the close(2) man page.

The man page does not indicate that the advisory record locks on a
file are lost on the first close, even if you have multiple fd's
for the same file.

The kernel code (kern_descrip.c/closef) says that this is correct
POSIX behaviour (though it really makes one wonder how the hell
such a system could successfully support an NFS lockd, which wants
to coelesce lock sets to a single descriptor so it can support a
larger number of clients!).

Could someone with commit priveledges fix the man page?

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---