Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:17:12 -0500
From:      Leo Bicknell <bicknell@ufp.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: natd + ipfw question

--DocE+STaALJfprDB

Well, I found the solution to my problem by random chance (futzing with
other things), and it still doesn't make sense.

Works:

> ipfw add 1000 divert natd ip from any to any via fxp0
=20
Doesn't work:

> ipfw add 1000 divert natd ip from any to any recv fxp0
> ipfw add 1001 divert natd ip from any to any xmit fxp0

Works:

ipfw add 1000 divert natd ip from any to any in recv fxp0
ipfw add 1001 divert natd ip from any to any out xmit fxp0

I must not be clear on what "in" "out" "recv" and "xmit" mean, and
after reading the manual page 3 times I'm now even more confused.

I'd love for someone to explain to me why the middle one doesn't
work (or, why in and out are required).

--=20
       Leo Bicknell - bicknell@ufp.org - CCIE 3440
Read TMBG List - tmbg-list-request@tmbg.org, www.tmbg.org