Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 23:43:51 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Steven Ames <steve@virtual-voodoo.com>
Cc:        bhicks@gatekeep.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ed0/probe problem in 4.0-CURRENT

Steven Ames wrote:

> Wow. I don't think that should ever happen but at this point I'll
> try a lot of things :)
>
> Tried it. didn't work.
>
> really, isn't there a way to enable more verbose probing so that
> it says 'ed0 not found at 0x280' or some such?

I was waiting someone ELSE answer this, but...

Read /usr/src/UPDATING. And, more to the point, junk your kernel
configuration file, and build a new one using GENERIC/LINT as
reference. Things changed a lot between 3.x and 4.x in this
particular respect.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."