Date:      Mon, 8 Sep 97 8:44:36 MET DST
From:      fj@login.dknet.dk (Flemming Jacobsen)
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com (Amancio Hasty)
Cc:        tomppa@fidata.fi, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hauppauge Win/TV and fxtv problems

Hi,

> The bt848 driver at rah does have the Western Europe channels
> Flemming's problem is probably due to the driver incorrectly
> identifying his tuner.

Nope, I corrected that right after I got the working version of
your driver update. The probe now says:
  bktr0 <BrookTree 848> rev 17 int a irq 12 on pci0:10
  Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips PAL tuner.

If the driver is configured to probe for PAL, it only looks for a
Temic tuner. Not knowing how to probe for the two, I just changed the
code to assume a Philips tuner if it found something. However it
didn't make the tuner driver work any better.
This is probably because the definition of the Philips PAL tuner
is incomplete in the code. I've played a little with it, but no
luck.

To me it seems like the weurope setup is OK, except that the
"Super" channels are missing.

I'll be back from vacation in two weeks. Hopefully the problems
have been ignored for long enough and have gone away  :-)

	Have a nice day
	Flemming

--
Flemming Jacobsen            It'll probably say something like "Does not
                             compute" or "Inoperative parameters". That's