Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 07:05:41 -0400
From:      Tony Rentschler <walterr@bellatlantic.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   VPN with PPTP or PPP

I'm trying to set up a pptpclient (from the ports) on my FreeBSD 3.3
machine at home so I can connect to my company's VPN through my ISP,
which is BellAtlantic and which I access through an ADSL line. I've got
a static IP address and my machine is set up accordingly to connect to
BA on xl0, my 3COM NIC. The VPN at work server is running Windows NT. I
can get this to work from Windows98 (my machine is dual-boot).

I've looked at the ppp.conf sample files, and the pptpclient sample
files, and, believe me, I've scoured deja.com for clues, but I just
can't seem to get my setup to work.

Who's coming in to a Windows-hosted VPN from a FreeBSD box over an ADSL
or cable-modem? Can you help?

Thanks,
Tony