Date:      Wed, 03 Dec 2003 11:54:12 +0900
From:      Rob <nospam@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   amd documentation: why is it so confusing?

Hi,

I have exported directories successfully. Thus I moved on to use amd for
having the system mount this as it is needed.

However, I am getting totally stuck in the amd manuals. Are the amd manuals
really that bad, or is it me?

For example:
The FreeBSD handbook mentions amd in one sentence, by referring to the
manual pages of amd and amd.conf. So all I have are the manual pages
on the amd commands and files. The amd manual talks about a map file,
but there's nowhere information to be found on what the structure of
such a map file is.

Is the creation of the amd-map file too trivial, or so complicated that
nobody dares explaining it....?

Anyone who can point me to better help on this?

Thanks!

Rob.