Date:      Sat, 25 Jul 1998 11:37:00 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        "Aryo K. Sukarno" <asukarno@bhawono.com>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can you help me?

Aryo K. Sukarno:
 |Hello, thank you for your kind on reply to my email. But there's still
 |some problem on my system. My card is Hauppauge WinTV model 404 is still
 |not detected on mysystem.
 |when I try to run "fxtv" this message appear:
 |    open("/dev/bktr0") failed. Device not configured
 |Do have any idea what went wrong?
 |
 |Here's what I change on "brooktree848.c"
 |
 |#define OVERRIDE_CARD     CARD_HAUPPAUGE
 |#define CARD_HAUPPAUGE         2
 |
 |Here's what I put on the kernel:
 |device          bktr0

Ok, sounds like the issue is you've got a Model 404, which (according to
list folks) is a bt898-based board (instead of bt848 and bt878 which are
supported by the driver).

I don't think the 898 is supported yet, but Amancio would know for sure
(Ccing him on this reply).  If he confirms they're not, then your best bet
for now is another Hauppauge model based on the 848 or 878.

Randall