Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 23:35:19 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.gbdata.com>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        davide.tome@inet.it, support@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Manage Multi domain of mail

Doug White wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Mar 1997, Dott. Davide Tome' wrote:
>
> > How can I manage with my FreeBSD many domains of e-mail
> > on the same machine ?
> > I mean:
> > I'd like to have pippo@domain1.com and pippo@domain2.com
> > in the same machine in 2 separate mailboxes.
>
> Create appropriate mx records then modify /etc/sendmail.cf's Cw entry to
> include those virutal domains.

Huh?  Please re-read what he has said.  He wants th same user names on
"2" virtual domains loading too two different accounts on the same machine.
What you have above will place the mail on in the account pippo@host instead
of the two virtual boxes.

Your best place to find this informtion is the sendmail-faq.  It will
explain how to modify both sendmail.cf and create the databases
for the system.  It is not hard at all once you get used to it:)

> I *highly* suggest checking the mail archives first.  There are other
> people who've posted complete tutorials, mainly because they've acutally
> done this.  :)

Yes do this!!!

Gary

--
Gary Clark II   (N5VMF) |    I speak only for myself and "maybe" my company
gclarkii@GBData.COM     |          Member of the FreeBSD Doc Team