Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 14:20:08 -0500
From:      Kevin Weiss <kevin.weiss@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DNS Config Question--db.example file

My primary reference is the "DNS and BIND" from
O'Reilly.  My secondary reference is "The Complete
FreeBSD"

IP#'s and so forth are fake.  I have yet to go
back and shorten the db files, but I'll do that after I
get your opinions.  I also want to make sure that I
don't allow zone transfers.

Here is my db.example file:
===============

example.com. IN SOA outkast.example.com. kweiss.freebsd.example.com. (
		   1999071401	;Serial
	       	   10800	;Refresh every 3 hours
		   3600	        ;Retry after 1 hour
		   604800	;Expire after 1 week
		   86400 )      ;Minimum TTL of 1 day
;
; DNS servers
;
example.com.		IN NS	outkast.example.com.
example.com.		IN NS	freebsd.example.com.
;
; Addresses for all the Hosts
;
localhost.example.com.	IN A  127.0.0.1
outkast.example.com.		IN A  149.7.13.1
windows.example.com.	IN A  149.7.13.2
freebsd.example.com.	IN A  149.7.13.3
;
; Aliases DNS Host names
;
www.example.com.		IN CNAME freebsd.example.com.
ftp.example.com.		IN CNAME outkast.example.com.
;
; Mail Records
;
		IN MX 10 outkast.example.com.