Date:      Thu, 12 Jan 2012 22:23:22 +0100
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Kohji Okuno <okuno.kohji@jp.panasonic.com>
Subject:   Re: Can you use a USB3.0 hub?

On Thursday 12 January 2012 07:15:17 Kohji Okuno wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Can you use a USB3.0 hub?
>=20
> I tried a USB3.0 hub (BUFFALO BSH4A04U3BK).
> And I used 8-stable and PCI-E card (BUFFALO IFC-PCIE2U3)
>=20
> The hub is for only japanese market.
> The card is NEC=E2=80=99s 720200 chip
> http://www.buffalotech.com/products/accessories/interface-card-adapters/u=
sb
> -30-pci-express-interface-card/
>=20
>=20
> The kernel could not recognize USB3.0 HDD that connected to this hub
> as the following log. But, the kernel could reconize USB2.0 HDD that
> connected to this hub.
>=20
> Regards,
>  Kohji Okuno

Hi,

There is a problem with USB 3.0 HUBs, most likely something related to the=
=20
XHCI route string or USB HUB set depth.

I don't have a USB 3.0 analyzer, so I cannot find this out quickly. If you=
=20
could help debug, would be great. Here is a patch which you can put on top =
of=20
8/9- or 10- stable:

http://svn.freebsd.org/changeset/base/230032

It fixes a few issues, but not all.