Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2012 11:30:57 -0600
From:      "Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unexpected results from "make index" on a ports tree in a non-standard location,

On Mon, 5 Mar 2012 07:16:00 -0600
"Conrad J. Sabatier" <conrads@cox.net> wrote:

> I've worked it out now.  The only place the canonical path is needed
> is when searching the index.  Anywhere else, the real path is fine to
> use.
>
> Turned out to be a very simple fix.
>
> I uploaded mkreadmes-1.1.tar.bz2 to Sourceforge yesterday.  Still
> awaiting the port update's commit.  Anyone using this thing really
> should get the latest version, even if your ports tree is not in a
> non-standard location, as I also added some checking of the index file
> to catch any errors in the format of the lines.  Two rather important
> fixes.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mkreadmes/files/mkreadmes-1.1.tar.bz2/download

Missed a bug that crept into the above version, a missing "/" in
category pathnames.

Darn it, wouldn't you know?  This is what I get for submitting a patch
after working all day on a port.  :-)

Final version, just uploaded to Sourceforge is now version 1.1.1:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mkreadmes/files/mkreadmes-1.1.1.tar.bz2/download

Lesson learned.  I *will* be more thorough in my testing from now
on.  :-)

Sorry for the inconvenience, folks.

Conrad

--