Date:      Sun, 22 Sep 1996 16:58:56 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Kenneth Ingham <ingham@i-pi.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pccardd : No PC-CARD slots

I'm obviously missing something.

I am running 2.2-960801-SNAP on a Dell Latitude XP with a 486dx4-100 and
20MB of memory.  The card I am playing with is a US Robotics 28.2 modem;
this card works under DOS (I'd really rather use a real OS though :-).

I have the pccard stuff enabled in the kernel config file.  Specifically,
my config file includes:
controller	crd0
device		pcic0 at crd?
device		pcic1 at crd?

At boot time, it says:

PC-Card Vadem 468 (5 mem & 2 I/O Windows)
pcic: controller irq 3
pccard driver sio added
pccard driver ep added
ep0 not found at 0x300 (not surprising; it isn't there at the moment)
Card inserted, slot 0

The power light on the modem's dongle lights up, indicating that it is
at least alive.

When I try to start pccardd, it says: cardd fatal error: No PC-CARD slots

I checked the mailing list archives, but the only hint was to make sure
I had the proper lines in my kernel config file (which I believe I do).

I have tried it with sio1-3 enabled as well as disabled and it didn't
seem to make any difference.

Suggestions?

Kenneth Ingham
ingham@i-pi.com