Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 1997 11:10:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Robert Chalmers <robert@nanguo.chalmers.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD ISP <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: annex may be the culprit!

Hmmm...

How does this work the other way; ie: users dialed in to an annex with
Windoze/Mac hitting a FBSD server somewhere on the net.  Do they see this
problem as well?  We've had *alot* of mysterious problems with our annexes
running R10.1A.  Users report similar problems; the initial ftp connection
builds OK, but then as data is actually transferred, it slows to a crawl.
Seen it with http as well, and an sz over a telnet connection.  Have yet
to track down why some people dialing in see this and some don't.  We just
purchased R3.1 (11.?) in hopes it will help.  What version of software is
the Annex you are using running?

Charles