Date:      Mon, 20 Feb 2006 02:25:46 +0000
From:      Florent Thoumie <flz@xbsd.org>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with UHCI controller

Some months ago, I bought a PSX/N64 Gamepad to USB converter. Today I
tried to use it with my laptop running FreeBSD 6.0R and -CURRENT but it
failed with the following message :

uhid0: vendor 0x6666 product 0x0667, rev 1.00/2.88, addr 2, iclass 3/0
uhid0: no report descriptor
device_attach: uhid0 attach returned 6

Later, I tried to use it with my amd64 box and it worked (no message,
tested with games/alienblaster).

I've figured out that the only difference was that the laptop has UHCI
controllers and the amd64 box has OHCI.

Since I'm not really an UBS expert, I haven't found where does this come
from. I guess in the meantime, I can just dump the report table from the
amd64 box and write a file, like the one for the xbox360 gamepad. Or
maybe there's a way to load the report description table from a file,
but I haven't found something like this.

I tried with NeWBIE (the NetBSD live CD) but that didn't work either.

If somebody has any clue, I've a port of stepmania almost ready, but I
can't try it :)

--
Florent Thoumie
flz@FreeBSD.org