Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:04:48 -0400
From:      "Business Ad Net, Inc./East Coast Web" <office@businessadnet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD installation Problems. Panic: Fault on No Fault Entry vm_fault f2034000

System is a P-125 gateway
S3-Trio Video adapter.
NEC CDR-260R CDROM
Two GIG SCSI Hard Drive C:\ and nothing on it except
Win 95 SYS: Command.com etc.
Network Adapter removed: Problem with 3COM 3C-590 TPO PCI adapter (see
below:
3.5 floppy
Hewlett Packard Surestore SCSI Tape 2000 tape backup.

BSD installation Problems.

Does this mean anything to you?
Floppy load fails on install.

I made the two boot floppies.
Booted Kernel from a:\ drive

Installation goes ok so far.

Get to area where First time install, select Visual Mode.
And select Visual Mode

13 conflicts. Fix and delete etc., the conflicts to zero conflicts.
Ok, quit and save.

Sets up hardware.

Problem arises in Probing the hardware.

A lot of data passes up the screen, only one warning detected.
Appears to be related to the S3 Trio video adapter I think.
"UTP"
"Warning: Defective early rev Adapter." But driver appears to load
I got rid of this warning, it was the network adapter, so I removed it
temporarily.
The adapter was a 3COM 3C590 Etherlink III PCI adapter.

Continues loading:

Panic: Fault on No Fault Entry vm_fault f2034000

Continues and says rebooting.

While re-booting with Mfsroot in floppy
screen reports:

No /bootloader