Date:      Sat, 01 Jul 2000 21:25:42 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with Linux interpreter

I was able to install the acroread4 port on my -current machine of a
week or two ago.  I find when I try to run acroread4 I get the
following error:

ELF interpreter /lib/ld-linux.so.2 not found
Abort

But /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.2 exists and points to ld-2.1.2.so,
which also exists.  It was branded as SVR4, and I changed this to
Linux, but that didn't help.

What am I doing wrong?  I reinstalled all the ports in the chain of
acroread4.  I've also done a rm -rf /usr/compat/linux; mkdir
/usr/compat/linux (/compat -> /usr/compat on my system).

What other information do you need to help me?

Also, I think there's a fd leak in brandelf:
	brandelf *
File 'libresolv-2.1.2.so' is of brand 'Linux' (3).
File 'libresolv.so.2' is of brand 'Linux' (3).
brandelf: error opening file librt-2.1.2.so: Too many open files
brandelf: error opening file librt.so.1: Too many open files
brandelf: error opening file libtermcap.so.2: Too many open files
brandelf: error opening file libtermcap.so.2.0.8: Too many open files

Warner