Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 1999 13:31:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Oleg Ogurok <oleg@ogurok.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Windows SSH client and vi

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Oleg Ogurok wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> When I ssh into my FreeBSD box using SecureCRT or F-Secure, and then edit
> a file using 'vi', my vi acts freaky. When I press "Down" button and
> scroll down beyond the screen size, my cursor often appear on a line
> different from one that's printed. I see a line and start editing it, but
> then I suddenly figure out that I am on different line and the line I
> need to edit is below or above.
> This never happens when I do the same on solaris or linux using the same
> Windows ssh clients.

	Your freebsd box' idea of what the terminal is does not match what
your terminal settings on your windows app are telling it to emulate. Make
the two match and your problems will go away.

Good luck,

Doug
--
"My mama told me, my mama said, 'don't cry.' She said, 'you're too young a man
to have as many women you got.' I looked at my mother dear and didn't even

    - John Belushi as "Joliet" Jake Blues, "I Don't Know"