Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 1997 02:46:56 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@dimaga.com>
To:        "Brian Somers" <brian@utell.co.uk>
Cc:        <fyeung@fyeung8.netific.com>, <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PR2347 - recursive malloc() in ppp

At 10:02 AM 1/30/97 -0000, Brian Somers wrote:
>I'm not sure what your problem might have been, but lots of changes have
>been done to ppp since then.  You can pick up the current sources from
>ftp://ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/usr.sbin/ppp if you
>want to have a look at the "current" version, but I don't think it'll
>compile on 2.1*.

With minor patches, it will.  Replace the

 #include <net/if_var.h>

with

+#include <osreldate.h>
+#if ___FreeBSD_version >= 199702
 #include <net/if_var.h>
+#endif

this might break under 2.2.5R, though.  (Will work under 2.1.6, 2.2 and
-current as of today)

BTW: Who is the right person to submit patches for PPP to?

Eivind Eklund / perhaps@yes.no / http://maybe.yes.no/perhaps/