Date:      Mon, 6 Apr 1998 05:28:48 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue2@welearn.com.au>
To:        Harry Patterson <harry@visiontm.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: crontab problems

On Sat, Apr 04, 1998 at 09:50:04AM -0500, Harry Patterson wrote:
> I am having trouble with cron. I have Freebsd 2.2.5. The daily, weekly and
> monthly processes work fine, but several days ago I started to get error
> message in root's mail (see below) stating "root: not found" whenever it
> tries to run atrun or newsyslog. I've included a sample from the cron log
> file, the crontab file itself and the mail message. The atrun and newsyslog
> files are in the directories that the crontab file is pointing to. It's the
> root crontab file, so I don't think it's a rights issue. I'm at a loss as to
> what it's trying to tell me and how to fix it.
>
> Could someone point me in the right direction?

Did that happen?

I had no problem with cron or any of the cron-related man pages until
reading this thread. Now I'm totally bamboozled by the various, seemingly
contradictory responses.

Harry, did you ever stop the problem you describe above, and if so how?

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-

find / -name "*.conf" |more