Date:      Sat, 24 May 1997 12:13:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      ron@cts.com
To:        Joseph Stein <joes@spiritone.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: keeping the date current...

I use a "brute force" method. I have a root crontab executed program, "settime".
It calls a National Bureau of Standards telephone number in (I think) Fort
Collins, CO every three days or so, after mid-night. The NBS server sends
bytes to settime and measures the echo delay. Based on the delay, it sends
an adjusted time and settime sets the FreeBSD clock. Accuracy in the 10
millisecond range. Check the "ports" distribution for "settime". If you can't
find it, let me know and I'll hunt down and send the source to you.

BTW, the call costs me $0.17 from San Diego, CA

Ron

E-Mail: ron@cts.com
Date: 05/24/97
Time: 12:13:26